Join 1,839 other subscribers
- The democratization of content distribution flattens things October 25, 2022
- Major League Baseball’s new rules – A multivariate test that’s doomed to fail September 13, 2022
- There’s a giant difference between professionals and high-level enthusiasts May 10, 2022
- Buy now pay later is better than a Christmas Club account December 13, 2021
- If you’re healthy does your GP doctor ever think about you? October 14, 2021
- Gary on Who really wants to write a check?
- Hallie Cantor on There’s a giant difference between professionals and high-level enthusiasts
- markkolier on The New York Lottery Announcer – He might have the best job ever – but what’s his name?
- Colter Rule on The New York Lottery Announcer – He might have the best job ever – but what’s his name?
- Wendy J on Ah to be in Paris – this Thanksgiving
- Throneberry Fields Forever
- Charles A. Kush III
- Baseball History Comes Alive!
- Five Lifetimes
- Attila Ovari
- Little White Dog inc.
- Doug Garnett's Blog
- Chats & Gadgets
- World Of Innovations
- The Unrepentant Recalcitrant
- The Blog of Author Tim Ferriss
- Asian Food 101
- Bucket List Publications
- From the Foredeck of the Titanic
- Hiking Photography
- Marketing Thingy
- The Baggage Handler
- Everywhere Once
- China News
Category Archives: Advertising
In the classic sense, direct response has always been about getting the first order, meeting or beating breakeven, then keeping that new customer in the funnel long enough to actually make a profit. Keeping customers in for a couple of … Continue reading
I’ve been involved with DTC for a large part of my career. I met and did some business with Lillian Vernon a good number of years ago, and if you don’t know her or her company you might find that … Continue reading
As a business consultancy and marketing agency I’ve had occasion to work with many different and mostly great clients. In the biz, you’re not supposed to talk about client relationships other than to say how great your clients are and … Continue reading
I am thinking about ice cream and not only because we’re past Memorial Day here in the U.S, which is the unofficial beginning of summer… I just really love ice cream, but I also know that ice cream is a … Continue reading
My business partner and I run a small marketing and advertising ‘shop’ with an office on Madison Avenue. Yes we’re Mad Men. Ok that’s out of the way. We’re successful and have been growing our business over the past few … Continue reading
I read a very interesting article in this week’s Wall Street Journal – As Gap Struggles, Its Analytical CEO Prizes Data Over Design Khadeeja Safdar’s November 28th WSJ article: I was quite surprised to learn that in terms of market … Continue reading
Since as my partner David likes to say we need to be COG-nostic (not agnostic) when it comes to deciding on the appropriate channel marketing mix OOH (out-of-home) marketing is always considered. As I have written in the past the … Continue reading
If you live in or around any major city in the U.S. you’re are likely to have seen advertising for something called Shen Yun which appears to be some sort of Chinese dance troupe along the lines of Cirque du … Continue reading
If you’ve turned on your television or walked into any sports bar you cannot fail to have seen the incessant ads for DraftKings and FanDuel. On Tuesday New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman shut down the two sites in … Continue reading