Join 1,840 other subscribers
- Will Chatbots replace marketing experts? May 23, 2023
- The democratization of content distribution flattens things October 25, 2022
- Major League Baseball’s new rules – A multivariate test that’s doomed to fail September 13, 2022
- There’s a giant difference between professionals and high-level enthusiasts May 10, 2022
- Buy now pay later is better than a Christmas Club account December 13, 2021
- Tucker Pivonka on China’s pushing to get ahead
- Gary on Who really wants to write a check?
- Hallie Cantor on There’s a giant difference between professionals and high-level enthusiasts
- markkolier on The New York Lottery Announcer – He might have the best job ever – but what’s his name?
- Colter Rule on The New York Lottery Announcer – He might have the best job ever – but what’s his name?
- Throneberry Fields Forever
- Charles A. Kush III
- Baseball History Comes Alive!
- Five Lifetimes
- Attila Ovari
- Little White Dog inc.
- Doug Garnett's Blog
- Chats & Gadgets
- World Of Innovations
- The Unrepentant Recalcitrant
- The Blog of Author Tim Ferriss
- Asian Food 101
- Bucket List Publications
- From the Foredeck of the Titanic
- Hiking Photography
- Marketing Thingy
- The Baggage Handler
- Everywhere Once
- China News
Category Archives: Marketing stuff
Will Chatbots replace marketing experts?
Will AI chatbots replace marketing experts? Given the potential (and real) impact on our marketing agency it’s fair to say I am personally interested. I’ve been thinking of Generative AI as a possible tool in the toolbox. I had Chat-GPT … Continue reading
Posted in Marketing stuff Leave a comment
Buy now pay later is better than a Christmas Club account
The hot marketing term this year has a memorable acronym – BNPL. Buy Now Pay later differs from a credit purchase since there’s zero interest charged whether by future monthly installments or future deferred payment of any type. Keep in … Continue reading
Posted in Marketing stuff Tagged BNPL, Buy now pay later, Christmas clubs, Future purchases, Savings accounts Leave a comment
Funnel marketing and low-cost distribution has created message assault!
As a longtime direct response marketer, I’ve often employed regression analysis in order to better understand prospect and customer behavior. When printed magazines were in their heyday and reader renewal subscriptions were a lifeblood to advertising revenue, regression analysis allowed … Continue reading
Posted in Email marketing, Marketing stuff Tagged Email messaging, Funnel marketing, LinkedIn Messaging Leave a comment
The U.S. – China Syndrome today
When I think about the interesting and good times I spent traveling in and around China, I have fond memories of the people I met and the places I went. Admittedly, as a business endeavor, my efforts to help Chinese … Continue reading
Posted in Marketing stuff Tagged Chinese view of U.S., U.S. China relations, U.S. China trade war 2 Comments
Let’s help save restaurants but restaurants can also help themselves
We’re more than 8 months into the Covid-19 pandemic, and owner-operated as well as chain restaurants like California Pizza Kitchen and Le Pain Quotidien,have gone bankrupt or out of business altogether. Many other chains are on the brink or worse. … Continue reading
Posted in Marketing stuff 2 Comments
Commuting, working, eating & living in metro NYC during a mature pandemic
It is safe to say that these are no longer the early stages of the global 2020 Covid-19 pandemic. I have been asked a number of times ‘what’s is it like in and around New York City?’ Until recently, aside … Continue reading
Posted in Marketing stuff Tagged Commuting, Pandemic travel Leave a comment
Digital natives have an advantage during the Coronavirus pandemic
If you are under 40 you are a digital native. Most of the under-40 group has been online since at least their teenage years. Having been attached to screens and aspects of the virtual world has made this group much … Continue reading
The point I missed about podcasts
A couple of years ago I posted that I liked podcasts well enough but felt that since I could read so much faster than I could listen.. Continue reading
Posted in Entertainment, Entrepreneurship, Marketing stuff Tagged Podcasts Leave a comment
Dining out and going back into the cave
A recent post was about fine dining restaurants and face masks not going well together. Well I have an admission to make. About ten days ago I went to a restaurant. AND I wore pants! My wife and I met … Continue reading
Posted in Marketing stuff 3 Comments