Join 1,839 other subscribers
- The democratization of content distribution flattens things October 25, 2022
- Major League Baseball’s new rules – A multivariate test that’s doomed to fail September 13, 2022
- There’s a giant difference between professionals and high-level enthusiasts May 10, 2022
- Buy now pay later is better than a Christmas Club account December 13, 2021
- If you’re healthy does your GP doctor ever think about you? October 14, 2021
- Gary on Who really wants to write a check?
- Hallie Cantor on There’s a giant difference between professionals and high-level enthusiasts
- markkolier on The New York Lottery Announcer – He might have the best job ever – but what’s his name?
- Colter Rule on The New York Lottery Announcer – He might have the best job ever – but what’s his name?
- Wendy J on Ah to be in Paris – this Thanksgiving
- Throneberry Fields Forever
- Charles A. Kush III
- Baseball History Comes Alive!
- Five Lifetimes
- Attila Ovari
- Little White Dog inc.
- Doug Garnett's Blog
- Chats & Gadgets
- World Of Innovations
- The Unrepentant Recalcitrant
- The Blog of Author Tim Ferriss
- Asian Food 101
- Bucket List Publications
- From the Foredeck of the Titanic
- Hiking Photography
- Marketing Thingy
- The Baggage Handler
- Everywhere Once
- China News
Category Archives: Professional Development
Most mornings I drive to a train station and hop on a commuter train heading to New York City from my town in the suburbs. I have lots and lots of company doing the same thing every day. Sometimes I … Continue reading
Throughout my professional career much of my most important work has been done in winning engagements with clients. Yep, I am and always will be a sales guy. Did a chill just go up your spine? “Being in sales is … Continue reading
Last week I ranted about unwanted LinkedIn invitations. I had a few interesting conversations with readers. So now I turn my sights on the Apple Watch, which has been around for nearly two years. I know quite a few people … Continue reading
It’s gotten to the point where less and less frequently I call someone without arranging it beforehand. Do you schedule your calls with clients and prospects too? That happens with face-to-face appointments now almost exclusively. A far cry different from … Continue reading
In some ways the summer of 2012 seems like more than four years ago. In July of that summer I was…Forced? Compelled? Convinced? whatever you want to call it, to end the operations of my former business that had been … Continue reading
Amazon.com’s Jeff Bezos has been taken to task over a recent article that appeared in the New York Times. A follow up article on August 18th h suggests a brewing debate over work culture. In my view it’s long overdue. The … Continue reading
Every day I come to work and I have countless important things to do. The goals of business success are clear as I have noted in a prior post. Working day by day the small bits of progress can be … Continue reading
I honestly thought I’d be even further along. Maybe that’s why I’ve been feeling more frustrated than normal lately. It’s been almost exactly a year since I felt it necessary to cease operations of my former company. That time remains … Continue reading