Join 1,839 other subscribers
- The democratization of content distribution flattens things October 25, 2022
- Major League Baseball’s new rules – A multivariate test that’s doomed to fail September 13, 2022
- There’s a giant difference between professionals and high-level enthusiasts May 10, 2022
- Buy now pay later is better than a Christmas Club account December 13, 2021
- If you’re healthy does your GP doctor ever think about you? October 14, 2021
- Gary on Who really wants to write a check?
- Hallie Cantor on There’s a giant difference between professionals and high-level enthusiasts
- markkolier on The New York Lottery Announcer – He might have the best job ever – but what’s his name?
- Colter Rule on The New York Lottery Announcer – He might have the best job ever – but what’s his name?
- Wendy J on Ah to be in Paris – this Thanksgiving
- Throneberry Fields Forever
- Charles A. Kush III
- Baseball History Comes Alive!
- Five Lifetimes
- Attila Ovari
- Little White Dog inc.
- Doug Garnett's Blog
- Chats & Gadgets
- World Of Innovations
- The Unrepentant Recalcitrant
- The Blog of Author Tim Ferriss
- Asian Food 101
- Bucket List Publications
- From the Foredeck of the Titanic
- Hiking Photography
- Marketing Thingy
- The Baggage Handler
- Everywhere Once
- China News
Category Archives: Personal Technology
How being on the road is very good for me
For three out of the past four years I’ve taken a break from the cold of the Northeast and, (with my wife), driven South (and also at other times West) to warmer climes. The trips have lasted anywhere from just … Continue reading
Do I want to buy a Facebook ‘Portal’ device?
Having a daughter that lives in a city located almost 1,000 miles away is sometimes frustrating. I miss her and wish I could see her and spend time with her more often. And I know I am in good company … Continue reading
Will smartwatches become ubiquitous?
I don’t know if it’s the same for people living outside of a major urban area, but there are increasing amounts people of all ages wearing smartwatches (and in particular Apple watches). While I am still not a giant fan … Continue reading
Posted in Personal Technology, Technology Tagged Android Watch, Apple watch, Huawei smartwatch, LG Watch, Samsung watch, Smartwaches, Smartwatch, TomsGuide Leave a comment
Apple Watch is an interruptive device
Last week I ranted about unwanted LinkedIn invitations. I had a few interesting conversations with readers. So now I turn my sights on the Apple Watch, which has been around for nearly two years. I know quite a few people … Continue reading
Gadgets can still offer value – just don’t call them that
NY Times writer Farhad Manjoo had another excellent column this morning “The Gadget Apocalypse Is Upon Us”. I agree with the idea that gadgets are losing the battle to software. Consumer behavior plays a critical role in determining the success of … Continue reading
Posted in Gadgets, Personal Technology, Technology Tagged Farhad Manjoo, FitBit, Pebble Watch, Personal Health technology Leave a comment
Mobile voice apps are already better than you think
During this year’s Super Bowl, Amazon.com promoted the Amazon Echo, their new stand-alone voice activation device. Alec Baldwin is featured in the somewhat offbeat spots that can be seen here. ‘Alexa’, the name used to access whatever you want … Continue reading