I’ve never been someone to make New Year’s Resolutions. I recall trying it when I was younger, failing miserably, and then avowing (resolving?) to not repeat the process. I have been somewhat successful in that regard.
So in a world full of top ten lists and the like I could not even come up with ten things I did not resolve. I managed to squeeze out a few:
1) I did not resolve to watch fewer sporting events on television. Hey, I’m a guy. My wife was not all that surprised.
2) I did not resolve to take fewer showers in order to save water. I like to think of it as improving the overall air quality.
3) I did not resolve to spend more time with my family. While this remains unannounced, I doubt they would notice one way or the other so I take it that I am doing ok anyway.
4) I did not resolve to drink less wine. Duh.
5) I did not resolve to work longer hours. However I will continue to learn to work smarter.
Happy New Year to all and to all my very best wishes for health, happiness, and prosperity. In that order too.